Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Behind the Image--Lightning

Hello all,

Welcome to the New Year! So I was just thinking about how cool it would be to post some pictures from my personal gallery and give the readers some background information about the photo. Consider this a series to be completed over the course of several months.

This is one of my favorite images because this was my first time taking pictures of lightning. I couldn’t believe how lucky I got. This was a very active storm and we went to three different locations throughout the night. By the night’s end, I ended up taking over 20 different pictures of lightning.

The reason why it is my favorite is because I spent hours upon hours in the rain waiting to capture this image. I started around 8:00pm and it was 2:00 am when I called it a night and this was the very last frame taken.





Behind the Image






These were some of the other images that were captured throughout the night. Yes it was an accomplishment for me to capture this many, but nothing was a profound as the top image.






Behind the Image








Behind the Image




Stay tuned for next week.....

1 comment:

Sarah Pead said...

Hi Leilani!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would love to connect with you about possibly designing a new logo for you. Feel free to shoot me an email (sarahpead@yahoo.com) and maybe we can talk about your vision for your logo. Look forward to hearing from you!

 

All images copyright by Leilani Tucker and Full Aperture Photography (c) 2008-2009 | 616.894.0166 |