Friday, August 28, 2009

Stanton Old Fashion Days--Part 1

I was on my way to pick up my brother at the airport and that's when I got... the phone call. I was so excited, I almost swerved off the highway. Luckily I am such a good driver that nothing happened except possibly becoming the "Official Photographer" for Stanton Old Fashion Days! My thoughts were, "You want me?!?" I couldn't believe it. I am so grateful for fellow business owners who took a chance on me. So I got the job and the rest is history!

I have attended Stanton Old Fashion Days in previous years, but never all the events! I had such a wonderful time and those five days flew by. I got to meet some great people in the community and see some old friends.

I do want to apologize up front for having to break this post up into two parts. I am doing this for the sole purpose for people who have dial-up. It would be impossible for me to cram five fun-filled days into one post....so please be on the look out tomorrow (hint, hint).

So I shall begin with Star Quest, a talent show that gives people in the community a chance to showcase their talents and possibly walk away with $250!





Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009

Miss Stanton 2008


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009

Winner of the Star Quest Talent Show!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


2nd Place Winner!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


3rd Place Winners!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009



He did not place, but you would not believe the beat box this guy could do--AMAZING!!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009

All the winners and the host!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009



The President of Stanton Old Fashion Days, Pam Drew presenting an award to the Rolston's who were the Grand Marshalls.

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009
2008 Queen Court

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009
2009 Jr. Miss Stanton

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


I felt like the paparazzi! Miss Michigan was there and she was very charismatic.

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009



Miss Michigan's Talent performance. She's running for Miss America next year.

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009







The new Queen...Alexa LaLonde, Miss Stanton 2009!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009




Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009




Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009



Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Miss Michigan again....how can a person be that beautiful?

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Miss Michigan and Stanton Old Fashion Days Committee.


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


The Start of the Fireman's Parade

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009




Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009

The Runners are preparing for the 5k race! This was shot by my second shooter, Nicole. Thanks Nicole!

Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009


Stanton Old Fashion Days 2009



Of course the weather could have been better, but the turnout was still pretty good. Check back tomorrow and see the rest of the festival....I'll give you some teasers..Elvis, the Grand Parade, Car Show, and best of all...Waterball tournament!

No comments:

 

All images copyright by Leilani Tucker and Full Aperture Photography (c) 2008-2009 | 616.894.0166 |