Friday, June 5, 2009

Morel Festival

I know that I have been slacking on my blog posts...please forgive me for the onslaught of blog posts coming very soon. I really wanted to share with everyone how incredible it is to travel up to the beautiful Morel Festival in Boyne City. This was my second time attending and I am looking forward for many more years to come! We participated in the Guided Hunt as well as the National Championship Competition.




Morel Festival


This is the "official" tent that housed many activities and served as the meeting place for trips.



Morel Festival

Here we are all rearing to go. There were enough people registered to fill five buses!


Morel Festival

This mushroom is none other than an imposter!



Morel Festival



So even though no real morels were picked on the Guided Hunt, the scenery was nice to look at.

Morel Festival

After the Guided Hunt and a Wine & Dine Morel Dinner, Todd and I bought our normal yard mushroom. We were very excited to be carrying this all around town!


Morel Festival


Now for the big day! The competition. It was raining early in the morning and this guy was prepared for anything!


Morel Festival


After the horns, we had 90 minutes to gather as many mushrooms as we could. Todd has spent many years in the woods mushrooming and even he faced some pretty stiff competition.

Morel Festival


So even though neither of us won...we at least came home with something good to eat.

Morel Festival


Morel Festival



Morel Festival



Sweet heavenly deliciousness!!!!

Morel Festival

After the competition, we headed over to the Mushroom Pole and took a gander of some of the biggest, smallest, and best dressed mushrooms.


Morel Festival


I decided to have some fun with my tripod and thought I might as well put it to work.

Morel Festival


Morel Festival


Morel Festival

So this concludes my much anticipated mushroom vacation. Next year Boyne City is celebrating 50 years of the festival. I can't wait to see what events will take place.

No comments:

 

All images copyright by Leilani Tucker and Full Aperture Photography (c) 2008-2009 | 616.894.0166 |